1. The Red Kites in the tree behind my house.
2. The glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo beside me.
3. My wife humming upstairs in the bath.
4. The thought of a long weekend with absolutely nothing to do.
5. Ronnie Lane singing 'Roll On Babe'
As with most of my posts that's all there is to it. As I type this we are up to 59 replies, many of which make me profoundly happy. One brave soul posted that, after years of depression and counselling, his wife was returning to the happy girl he married. This admission immediately became the 6th thing that makes me happy. Depression is a horrible condition that affects everyone around the sufferer and seeps into every pore of their collective life. Trust me, I know.
So, for Matt and his wife, I raise a glass. Stick with it. It gets better.